Wedding at Millcreek Barns | Watervliet, Michigan Wedding Photographer | September 18, 2010

On the fourth of July amid the fireworks, photography and celebrations, my neighbour told me that her son was getting married. I met with his beautiful fiance a few weeks after that and I was honored that she chose me out of the other photographers she had met with. We shared the same ideas for her wedding photography and we also share a love of boston terriers, so that probably helped me out too:) The wedding was at Millcreek Barns in Watervliet Michigan. The couple was fun and loving :) I had a great time capturing their special day!




I had asked the bride if she could write a few details about her day. When she emailed me this beautiful, very lovely letter about her day and me, her photographer it made my day!! :)
"Everyone says rain on your wedding day is good luck, try convincing a bride with an outside ceremony of that four hours before her wedding during thunder, lightning and torrential downpour. The activities leading up to the ceremony felt a little unreal, it started to sink that I was REALLY getting married when I saw Rebecca and she started taking pictures, I officially felt like a bride. Looking back now the rain really was good luck because I had the most amazing day!

Thankfully the rain stopped, but I was unable to have our ceremony outside and I am glad because it worked out so much better inside. We were still able to photos outside which is what I really wanted because the grounds and barns at Millcreek in Watervliet are beautiful and Rebecca really captured that. Not only did she capture the beautiful scenery, but she also captured the feeling of the day. We wanted to have fun with our family and friends but also show our love for each other. There were a portion of photos where we let loose and got silly and others which were more serious and we really appreciated that.
After the wedding I could not wait to see our photos!!! Rebecca was kind enough to give us a sneak peek at a few which got us really excited to see the rest. About a week or so after the wedding we received the disc and a DVD slideshow. I looked at the disc first and was amazed, I honestly loved every photo! I then watched the DVD, which was a slideshow of photos set to music. I cried, it was the best reminder of how wonderful our day was. I then showed my husband (he will kill me for saying this, but he got a little sentimental as well) as did my mom, his mom and so on.
I am so happy that Rebecca was referred to us as a photographer, she is very talented and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome."

Comments

  1. awesome! i absolutely love the last shot!!!! u r so talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts