A Fruity Friday

I have wanted a dehydrator for a few years. Just a few months ago my boyfriend brought one home for me. He had been at Menards, our local hardware store for those not from the Mid-West, and they had one on sale. I was stoked!!! I spent a an hour or so cutting up fruit, excited to use my new toy :)  I then spent another hour cleaning it and putting all the cut up fruit on the trays. I plugged it in and went to bed. (These things take hours!) Instead of a pleasant fruity smell filling our house, it smelled like burnt plastic. It was awful! The fruit tasted as bad as it smelled! I was super upset! I wasted all that time, energy and fruit!  So I packed it all back up and returned it to Menards. Fast forward to today :) I have a brand new dehydrator and it is currently filling my home with pleasant, fruity smells. 

Comments