A Steamy Pin-Up Shoot & Broken Glass

I started my day with a nice cup of coffee and waffles with maple syrup. (That is the Canadian in me coming out ) I try to get a good breakfast in on days that I will shooting for a long time and this day the shooting had almost no time limit. After my tasty breakfast I loaded my gear and first in was the 10 foot white backdrop I was bringing. I then packed the rest of my gear including 2 suitcases full of props around it. I shut the back hatch on my green VW Rabbit and away I went . . . or so I thought. Half a mile down the road I was turning right onto the main road when I noticed my windshield had a huge crack in it. I had not positioned my backdrop properly in my excitement to get to the shoot. When I closed the back hatch it had send the backdrop right into my front windshield and broke it. I was devastated! I felt so foolish that in my haste I had not made sure my gear was secure. I turned my car around and cried the half mile back down the road to my house. My boyfriend lovingly came out in his pajamas and slippers in the snow to assess the damage. I believe his exact words were "well you can't fix that now, you might as well go to your shoot." I wasn't sure it the windshield would break while I drove but he assured me that me and my car would be fine. After all that drama I drove white knuckled down to my shoot hoping my windshield wouldn't break. And Thank Goodness I did!! Because I had an amazing day!! I got to work with some of the Brick House Burlesque girls as well as a couple local models down for a day of fun. The experience of the day working with so many other photographers and beautiful models was worth the $314 it cost to fix my windshield the next day :)











Comments

  1. amazing work, bec! you can really tell that you love what you do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! about time you blogged ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment